Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New wife.....it's a new life!

I've wanted to write this post for a while, to start this new blog but I tend to get busy forget about it. But now I'm here and get to begin blogging again!

So here it goes!
My husband and I were married on 9/1/12, we met a mere 8 months earlier but within weeks knew that God had planned for us to be together forever. So much of our dating relationship was a whirlwind of wedding plans, meeting family, meeting friends and marriage counseling. I'm very glad we spent that time doing all those things, but I do feel like I missed out on the dating side a little. I mean he doesn't have to plan outings for us now and try to sweep me off my feet. And everyone will tell you that you still need to date your spouse, but since we didn't really date I truly don't think we know how.
Now that's not to say that I don't think my husband is amazing or even doubt that he loves me. Because love isn't about dating anyway.
One thing I am learning big time is that it is so hard for me to truly serve my husband as if I'm serving Christ (Eph 5:22, "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord."). I see almost every second how I let my emotions rule me and that I keep track of wrongs. I often wonder if it were Jesus who loaded the dishwasher not how I like it if I would get upset with him and tell him he doesn't listen to me. I'm missing out on being thankful that I'm not doing life alone, but have someone who wants to walk by my side. There is a lot I need to change about me to make this marriage work. I need to learn how to remove the log from my own eye first!
Part of learning to serve my husband the way I would serve Christ is to learn to do it selflessly. I thought that I had the whole love Jesus and serve thing down, until it started to affect how I ran my house. And rule my sleep and evenings. When those parts of my life started to get interrupted I realized that I really only served Jesus when it was convenient for me, or when I was happy and not in a bad mood. Well HELLO to my selfish life being interrupted! Leave it to the Big Guy to bring an amazing man into my life to teach me how to serve Him better! 
So that is where this blog starts...the birth of Works in progress
You will see everything on this blog from our stories before we became one, to who we are now. And even how I am learning to serve Christ through serving my husband. Which currently means cooking, so be prepared to see lots of posts about what we are eating!!






No comments:

Post a Comment